Gary Manufacturing is a trusted provider of quality, reliable shower curtains for correctional facilities throughout North America.
We have extensive experience in the design and manufacture of specialized prison and jail shower curtains, with safety-conscious Velcro and snap fasteners, breakaway construction, and HDPE plastic grommets. In addition, we offer a variety of customizations to meet the specific needs of your facility, including see-thru panels, mesh tops, rod pockets, fold-overs, and custom sizing.
Features of Shower Curtains for Prisons
At Gary Manufacturing, we understand that facilities require different shower curtain designs for optimal safety and to meet regulatory requirements. These regulations may vary by state and institution. This is why we offer a wide selection of designs and features, so you have the best option to meet your needs. The primary features of our prison shower curtains include:
- Break Away: Break away shower curtains are designed to come undone when weight is applied, thereby preventing potentially dangerous entanglement in the curtain.
- See-Thru Panel: In order to improve visibility and safety, we offer an array of see-through vinyl materials. They can be added as panels at the top and/or bottom of the curtain and can be used in conjunction with our mesh tops. This allows the curtain to meet PREA standards of reasonable expectation of privacy.
- Mesh Top: We offer 12″ or 22″ mesh panels along the top of our shower curtains to allow for enhanced prisoner visibility, safety, and steam reduction.
- HDPE Plastic Grommet: Our HDPE plastic grommets are designed to be in compliance with Prop 65 for use in California institutions for enhanced user safety. Because there is no metal, there is less risk of injury.
- Rod Pocket Fasteners: Our curtains are available with rod pockets designed to function with curtain rods instead of hooks.
- Fold-Over Design: Our fold-over designs are easy to install. Simply fold the curtain over the rod and secure with Velcro or snap fasteners.
- Velcro to Wall or Ceiling Option: We offer self-adhesive Velcro for easy installation. Velcro easily pulls apart and can be quickly put back in place.
- Stall Width Sizes: We can fulfill orders with standard-size shower curtains from 36-72″ wide, or we can create custom-sized shower curtains to your specifications.
- Custom Sizes for Extra-Long or Extra-Wide areas: We can make curtains in any size needed for your facility. We seam vinyl panels to make curtains larger than standard openings and will add 6-8” for fullness.
Materials for Correctional Facility Shower Curtains
Correctional facility shower curtains are specifically designed using materials that enhance the safety of users while providing easy cleaning and maintenance. Gary Manufacturing primarily creates correctional facility shower curtains in three materials: vinyl, nylon, and Shower Shield polyester.
Vinyl Shower Curtains
Our vinyl shower curtains provide a safe, durable, and easy-to maintain solution for correctional facility showers. Our vinyl curtains exhibit the following features:
- Water Repellent
- Easy to Clean
- Antibacterial and Antimicrobial
- Semitransparent materials to preserve privacy while maintaining visibility
- Fire Retardant
- REACH and Prop 65 Compliant Formulations Available
We also offer shower curtains manufactured from specialized Sure-Chek® vinyl, which are uniquely designed for use in large scale facilities such as hospitals, mental health facilities, and correctional facilities. Sure-Chek® shower curtains offer tear and stain resistant protection with a self-deodorizing and self-sanitizing material that is naturally odor resistant and antistatic.
Nylon Shower Curtains
Our nylon shower curtains are lighter than their vinyl counterparts, but are highly durable with a more aesthetic appearance. Primary features of our nylon shower curtains include:
- 200 Denier Nylon Oxford Fabric
- Water Repellent
- Aesthetically Pleasing
Shower Shield Polyester Curtains
Our Shower Shield curtains are composed of a polyester blend with an antimicrobial, dirt resistant finish. The main qualities of our Shower Shield curtains include:
- 100% Dacron Polyester with VISA XL Finish
- Intrinsically Fire Retardant
- Antimicrobial and Mildew Resistant
- Superior Stain and Odor Release Properties
- Water Repellent to Industry Standards
Quality Shower Curtains by Gary Manufacturing
For more than 25 years, Gary Manufacturing has been providing superior quality custom shower curtains for prisons, jails, and other correctional facilities. In fact, we currently supply between 30 and 40 prisons with all of their shower curtain orders. We understand that our customers must operate on short timelines, which is why we offer an exceptionally fast turnaround on our product orders. In addition, we are pleased to accept purchase orders upon review and approval. To learn more about our shower curtains for correctional facilities, contact us today or request a quote.