Safely Made in the USA; Gary Manufacturing Responds to COVID.Comments Off on Safely Made in the USA; Gary Manufacturing Responds to COVID.
As an essential manufacturing company supplying the medical, sanitation, technology and military industries, we have had the privilege of continuing to serve our customers through this unprecedented time. As a response to the world-wide pandemic COVID19, Gary Manufacturing is following the CDC guidelines and has established a Seven-Point Safety Plan to ensure our workspace is a safe environment for all our valued staff members.
- Employee Screenings – Every morning employees are screened before entering the building. Screening includes a respiratory questionnaire and temperature check. Employees with respiratory symptoms or a fever over 100.0 are sent home.
- Employee Training – We have regular meetings with staff to go over COVID symptoms and what precautions to take including wearing masks and practicing safe physical distancing. Signage in all areas of the factory to remind employees how to stay safe.
- Mandatory Masks and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – As a sewing company we have had the luxury of producing our own cloth masks for all employees. Additionally, paper masks and latex gloves are available to all.
- Physical Distancing – Markings have been placed on floor to keep employees 6 feet apart at the time clock and in the kitchen. Plastic partitions have been installed between workstations where 6ft separation was not physically possible. We have also shifted from one to two morning break periods and two lunch periods to minimize how many employees are using the facilities at the same time.
- Enhanced Sanitation – All common areas are sanitized after each break and at the end of the day. Workstations are cleaned at a minimum once daily and always between uses by different employees. Our facility is cleaned by an outside company with hospital-grade cleaners once a week. Hand sanitizer has been placed at high-use areas to increase hand cleanliness and signage encouraging hand washing is throughout factory.
- Air quality – Big bay doors are opened during business hours and fans are kept running to encourage air changeover in the facility.
- Digital Innovations – We have moved all meetings to virtual platforms using current technology. To reduce the exchanging of paperwork we have established new protocols to utilize email wherever possible.
Gary Manufacturing has been in business for over 60 years. At no time in the past have we faced such challenging times as we have faced in the last few months. As a manufacturer we have always been acutely aware how important our production staff is to our business. Now, more than ever we are focused on putting employees first on the priority list and are exceedingly grateful that we can weather another storm. Thank you to all our customers who have supported us during this difficult time, we are here for you and growing stronger every day.